2 quarts chicken broth, for cooking
1/2 cup matzo meal
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
1. Heat: Pour broth into a medium saucepan; heat to boiling.
2. Fluff: Separate egg whites into a medium mixing bowl, yolks into a small bowl. Whip whites until stiff.
3. Mix: With a rubber spatula, gently fold in yolks. Sprinkle on matzo meal, salt and dill. Combine gently and thoroughly.
4. Roll: Shape 24 small balls. Set them on waxed paper as you work.
5. Boil: Drop balls into boiling broth. Cover and simmer until a test ball, split in half, reveals a uniformly cream-colored and soft center, 25 minutes.
6. Serve: Scoop out matzo balls with a slotted spoon. Discard boiling liquid. Serve with your favorite chicken soup.